A network made up of 300 installers
Professionals trained to our services throughout France
Do you have a self-consumption project?
Start your personalized study and ask to be connected with one of our certified installers, who will answer you shortly.
It’s all very easy with Comwatt
Comwatt has selected a network of trained and appointed professionals, who commit to a certain price and quality. We have put together a 4-pillar process :
What does an appointed installer’s job consist of ?
To explain new energy options
More and more people talk about self-consumption, but it is difficult to get a clear picture of what it is.
A lot of information is going around, and consumers do not have time to look for details explanations of what it is.
A good installer’s role is to synthesise technical advancements and new rules:
- What they know works and that their clients use successfully.
- What exists but entails hidden expenses, a much-too-long return on investment, or a much-too-important ecological impact.
The most important part of this phase is to ask every and any questions to the installer. It is a key moment, and there are no stupid questions, the goal is to get rid of any preconception. There are so many falsehoods going around that once the custom-player is finished with their questions, all will be clear and simple. Often at this stage we hear the customers say “this is much simpler than I thought”.
A successful exchange happens when a custom-player understands in 30 minutes what was unclear to them for 10 years.
Analyse your needs in order to identify the most useful levers
Even the most effective technological option in the world, or the cheapest, would be inefficient or unfit if poorly used.
This is why the pre-emptive analysis is a crucial stage of the process.
During this stage, the installer will ask you a battery of questions to better understand:
- The needs: reduce the energy bill, do something for the planet, make a financial investment.
- The building: is it possible to reduce the consumption with a better insulation? Is it simpler and more profitable to locally produce energy?
- Equipment: what kind of heating system? Equipment? Planning on getting an electric car?
- Habits: number of inhabitants, consumptions during summer and hiver…
With all this information, the installer will be able to know in detail what to do.
Offer the best adapted solutions
There are hundreds of technologies to improve a building’s performances and its inhabitants’ comfort. You just have to type “efficiency”, “comfort” and “photovoltaic” on the internet.
However, there are just a few which could represent the best solution for the custom-player:
- Which solution has the best return on investment?
- Which solution best suits my needs?
- Which solution can I afford?
- Which financial aids does the custom-player qualify for?
- Which solution will not impact their level of comfort?
To conclude, the installer will present the customer with 1 to 3 of the best possible solutions for them.
Install the equipment
Once they have chosen a technological option to go with, the equipment for it needs to be installed properly, which is exactly when the custom-player is presented the solution that the installer advised them with in the purchase order. It goes from an idea to a reality.
It is a golden rule that the quality of the installation is as important as the quality of the equipment being installed. This is why it is important to choose an installer recommended by Comwatt, so that you can be certain of the quality of the installation. To understand, let’s take an example: let’s say you had just bought the best garage door available on the market, but it was installed wrong, and so every day it made squeaking noises. This would make you think that the door was of poor quality, when in fact it was just installed wrong.
The installation is made in 4 steps:
- Making an appointment for the installation. At this point, the preparation is important: having your wi-fi and email passwords ready so you do not have to look for them when the work begins, and informing the installer of the specific hours you are available at. Sometimes this stage is doubled with a technical visit to identify clearly every technical aspect of the operation.
- The physical work (which usually lasts a day or two): installing sensors and actuators
- Relaying how the Comwatt set-up works to the custom-player. To make it easier, an explanatory video is sent in an e-mail to the custom-player.
- Approving the work done: the custom-player checks that all that was announced in the purchase order was delivered and installed properly.
Checking that the savings become a reality
Once the right solution was properly installed at the custom-player’s home, we need to check that it will run properly on the long-run. Solar panels have a lifespan of over 40 years, which means that they are very robust, but they still need to be checked regularly to see that their production level is right.
A big part of Comwatt’s services are automatically provided (self-consumption, migration of the consumptions, turning off standby modes…). But to get as much information as you can, it is better to look at the dashboard at least twice a month.
If the savings the custom-player makes match the estimated amount, they do not get any notifications.
If anomalies are detected, the various Comwatt services available will attempt to correct them automatically if it can be done remotely. Otherwise, the custom-player will be notified, and they will be asked to make certain decisions. In this case, an installer’s help may be needed, for example for roof maintenance or to descale a boiler. (get more information about this from your installer, maintenance contracts can turn out to be very useful).